Friday, March 13, 2009

i should've known the coffee was greener

this morning i awoke earlier than normal
to try and fulfill a craving i've been having
for starbucks (i know i know)
i sucessfully got out of the house in time
to go out of my way to the one greg goes to
(i feel special going to that one - sometimes i
imagine him sitting there in a chair - being a student)

now i have been having a conversation with isaac and nathanael
about our dunkin doughnuts experiences
a few weeks ago i happened to be in the neighborhood
of the thorndale DD
i was blown away by the friendliness of the employees
and it immediately made me think of my eagle DD
they are not friendly - no not one bit

and as i walked into the starsbuck (as the chinese have)
and had my first interaction with an employee
i knew i had come to the right place
they were friendly and smiling
and they knew the customer in line in front of me by name
and knew what he was drinking before he ordered
even the gentleman who handed me my
apple bran muffin was delightful
he looked me in the eyes and said have a great day
not the cheesy "i'm getting paid to say this" line
but the heartfelt - you stay classy Cincinnati

if i had any quandaries before
i do not have them now
thank you starsbuck
for starting my day off with a kick

No comments: