Sunday, August 24, 2008

look up and find me on the wall with nothing else

ever have one of those moments - when you least expect it - magnified by the smell or sounds or inner mood - you stop to realize that you exist - the worlds spinning slows - even your eye lids seem to make noise when they blink - it mostly happens to me at night - when i'm alone - outside usually - the moon is normally a factor - the crickets seem to compose the soundtrack - cool air often heightens my experience - i stop and realize that i am alive as if i'd forgotten - the air seems to bring more life to my lungs than i can remember - my body's motion reminds me of a masterpiece - all is clear that moments earlier seemed a blur - even the ordinary becomes fascinating - even a window sill and screen -

i had one of these the other night
unexpected
but welcomed
i am convinced these keep me going

1 comment:

marcusandkatie said...

i absolutely know this feeling. and it is incredible. God has made us to be unbelievable, and all around us as well. being alive is amazing!

thanks for adding us to your blog. the prices!